"Mobile Commerce Agents in WAP-Based Services"
Authors: Mihhail Matskin
and Amund Tveit
Special Issue on Mobile Commerce, Journal of Database Management. IDEA Group Publishing, July-September 2001, pp 26-35.
With the increasing number of e-commerce services for mobile devices, there are challenges in making these services more personalized and to take into account the severely constrained bandwidth and restricted user interface these devices currently provide. In this paper we consider an agent-based platform for support of mobile commerce using wireless (WAP-based) devices. Agents represent mobile device customers in the network by implementing highly personalized customer profiles. The platform allows customization and adaptation of mobile commerce services as well as pro-active processing and notification of important events. Information to the customers is delivered both via WML-decks and SMS messages. Usage of the platform is illustrated by examples of valued customer membership services and subscription services support. Some details of a prototype platform implementation are briefly considered.
Mobile services, electronic commerce, intelligent agents, wireless devices, WAP/WML
author = "Mihhail Matskin and Amund Tveit",
title = "Mobile Commerce Agents in WAP-based Services",
journal = "Journal of Database Management - Special Issue on Mobile Commerce",
year = "2001",
pages = "27-35",
month = "July-September"
- Stampolloglou Savvas and Petrakis Emanouil. "Infrastructures for Mobile Commerce Applications", University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece, 2006
- Efraim Turban (Editor), David King, Jae Lee, Dennis Viehland. "Electronic Commerce 2004: A Managerial Perspective (3rd Edition)", Prentice Hall
- Tino Fenech. "Exploratory Study into Wireless Application Protocol Shopping", International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, Volume 30, Number 10, UK, 2002
- Rafael Roberto Moskorz. "M-Commerce: Estrategias Para Difusao E Implantaco", Master of Engineering Thesis, University of Santa Carina, Florianopolis, Brazil, 2002
- Adam P. Vrechopoulos, Ionna D. Constantiou, N. Mylonopoulos and Ioannis Sideris. "The Critical Role of Consumer Behavior Research in Mobile Commerce", International Journal of Mobile Communications, 1, 1, Switzerland, 2002
- Grace Chang. "Limitations of Mobile Commerce" Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand, 2002
- Adam P. Vrechopoulos, Ionna D. Constantiou, and Ioannis Sideris. "Strategic Marketing Planning for Mobile Commerce Diffusion and Consumer Adoption" In Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Mobile Business (M-Business 2002), July 8-9, Athens, Greece, 2002
- Efraim Turban (Editor), David King, Jae Lee, Merrill Warkentin, Michael Chung. "Electronic Commerce 2002: A Managerial Perspective (2nd Edition)
", ISBN: 0130653012, published by Prentice Hall, January 15, 2002
The Journal and Recommended related books