"Peer-to-peer based Recommendations for Mobile Commerce"
Authors: Amund Tveit
With the inreasing number of mobile commerce facilities, there are challenges in providing customers useful recommendations about interesting products and services.
In this paper a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) based collaborative filtering architecture for the support of product and service recommendations for mobile customers is considered. Mobile customers are represented by software assistant agents that act like peers in the processing of recommendations.
P2P, Collaborative Filtering, Mobile Commerce, Recommendations, Interface agents
author = "Amund Tveit",
title = "Peer-to-peer based Recommendations for Mobile Commerce",
booktitle = "Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Mobile Commerce",
year = "2001",
address = "Rome, Italy",
month = "July",
pages = "26-29",
organization = "ACM"
First ACM Mobile Commerce Workshop, Rome, Italy - July 2001.
This paper has been used as curriculum or project material for the following courses:
- Dr. Jani Mantyjarvi, Course: POSTGRADUATE SEMINAR COURSE ON: ADAPTIVE INTERACTION TECHNOLOGIES FOR MOBILE DEVICES,, 2004-2005
- Professor Dr. Erhard Rahm, Course: Problemseminar: Peer-to-peer (P2P) Data Management, Institut fur Informatik, University of Leipzig, Germany, 2003-2004
- Assistant Professor Michael Weiss, Project Summer Term Projects. School of Computer Science, University of Carleton, Canada
(Student Project Description)
This paper has been cited in the following papers:
- Jae Kyeong Kim, Hyea Kyeong Kim and Yoon Ho Cho. "A user-oriented contents recommendation system in peer-to-peer architecture", Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 34, Issue 1, Elsevier Press, pp 300-312, Netherlands, 2008
- B Xie, P. Han, F. Yang, RM Shen, HJ Zeng and Z Chen. "DCFLA: A distributed collaborative-filtering neighbor-locating algorithm", Information Sciences,Volume 177, Issue 6, pp 1349-1363, Elsevier Inc., 2007
- Alexandre de Spindler, Moira C. Norrie and Michael Grossniklaus. "Collaborative Filtering Based on Opportunistic Information Sharing in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks", Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 4803, Springer-Verlag, pp 408-416, 2007
- S. Berkovsky, Y. Eytani and L. Manevitz. "Efficient Collaborative Filtering in Content-Addressable Spaces", International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, World Scientific Publishing, Volume 21, Number 2, pp 265-290, 2007
- Sanggil Kang and Sungjoon Park. "A Novel Method Providing Multimedia Contents According to Preference Clones in Mobile Environment", Proceedings of International Conference on Computational Science (ICCS), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4489 (LNCS), Springer-Verlag, Beijing, pp 836-843, China, 2007
- Giancarlo Ruffo and Rossano Schifanella. "Evaluating Peer-to-Peer Recommender Systems that Exploit Spontaneous Affinities", Proceedings of ACM SAC, ACM Press, Seoul, South Korea, 2007
- Rossano Schifanella. "A Legal and Efficient Peer-to-Peer Market Place: Exploiting Fairness and Social Relationships", PhD Thesis, Computer Science Department, University of Torino, Italy, Nov 2006
- Jared Specner. "Beyond File Sharing - Commerce in Peer-to-Peer Networks", Journal of Internet Commerce, Haworth Press Inc., pp 1--20, Volume 5, Number 2, 2006
- S.Berkovsky, T.Kuflik and F.Ricci,. "Enhancing Privacy while Preserving the Accuracy of Collaborative Filtering", Proceedings of the Workshop on Recommender Systems, in conjunction with the European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI), Riva del Garda, Italy, August 2006
- Jun Wang, Johan Pouwelse, Reginald L. Lagendijk and Marcel J. T. Reinders. "Distributed Collaborative Filtering for Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Systems", Proceedings of ACM SAC, Dijon, France, April 2006
- S. Berkovsky, P. Busetta, Y. Eytani, T. Kuflik, and F. Ricci. "Collaborative Filtering over Distributed Environment". Workshop on Decentralized, Agent Based and Social Approaches to User Modelling, in conjunction with UM, Edinburgh, UK, July 2005.
- S. Berkovsky, Y. Eytani, T. Kuflik and F. Ricci. "Privacy-Enhanced Collaborative Filtering". Workshop on Privacy-Enhanced Personalization, in conjunction with UM, Edinburgh, UK, July 2005.
- J. Wang, M.J.T. Reinders, R.L. Lagendijk, and J. Pouwelse. "Distributed collaborative filtering for peer-to-peer file sharing systems", Eleventh Annual Conference of the Advanced School for Computing and Imaging (ASCI 2005), Heijen, The Netherlands, June 2005
- Sarvapali Dyanand Ramchunr. "Multi-Agent Negotiation using Trust and Persuasion", PhD Thesis, School of Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, UK, May 2005
- Rickard Coster. "Algorithms and Representations for Personalized Information Access", PhD thesis, Stockholm University, 2005
- Rickard Coster and Martin Svensson. "Incremental collaborative filtering for mobile devices", Proceedings of the 2005 ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, ACM Press, New Mexico, USA, 2005
- Hiroaki Ogata and Yoneo Yano. "Knowledge Awareness for a computer-assisted language learning using handhelds", Volume 14, Number 4/5, International Journal of Cont. Engineering and Education and Lifelong Learning, 2004
- Sarvapali D. Ramchurn. "Multi-Agent Negotation using Trust and Persuasion", PhD Thesis, School of Electronics and Computer Science, Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Southampton, UK, December 2004
- Jun Wang, Marcel J. T. Reinders, Reginald L. Lagendij and Johan Pouwelse. "Self-Organizing Distributed Collaborative Filtering", Submitted to WWW2005.
- Peng Han, Bo Xie, Fan Yang and Ruimin Shen. A Scalable P2P recommender system based on distributed collaborative filtering. International Journal of Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 27, pp 203-210, Elsevier Publishers, Netherlands, 2004.
- Bo Xie, Peng Han, Han Yang and Ruimin Shen. An Efficient Neighbor Search Scheme of Distributed Collaborative Filtering on P2P Overlay Network. Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA'04), Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 3180, Springer-Verlag, Zaragoza, Spain, 2004.
- Peng Han, Ruimin Shen and Fan Yang. "A Novel Distributed Collaborative Filtering Algorithm and Its Implementation on P2P Overlay Network", Proceedings of the 8th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI) 3056, Springer-Verlag, Sidney, Australia, May, 2004.
- Harma Motsi. "Wireless Applications for Virtual Communities of Practice", MSe Thesis, Department of Software Development, Tshwane University of Technology, Zaire, 2004
- Tobias Straub and Anders Heinemann. "An Anonymous Bonus Point System For Mobile Commerce Based On Word-Of-Mouth Recommendation", Proceedings of the 19th Annual ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (ACM SAC 2004), Nicosia,Cyprus, March, 2004
- E. Lee and J. Jin. "A next generation intelligent mobile commerce system", Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 3026, Springer-Verlag, Germany, 2004
- Unknown Author (Under Review). "PipeCF: A Scalable DHT-based Collaborative Filtering Recommendation System", Submitted to Journal of Zhejiang University SCIENCE (ISSN 1009-3095), Hangzhou, China, 2004
- Frank Wollenweber. "Kollaborative Nutzung des World Wide Webs", Fachbereich Informatik, University of Hamburg, Germany, January 2004
- Martin Svensson. "Explaining and Combining Recommender Algorithms for Decentralized Architectures (ENCORE)", Project Report, Swedish Institute of Computer Science, 2003
- A. Heinemann, J. Kangasharju, F. Lyardet and M. Muhlhauser. "Ad Hoc Collaboration and Information Services Using Information Clouds", Under Submission (Ed.) to 3rd Workshop on Applications and Services in Wireless Networks (ASWN 2003), Bern, Switzerland, 2003
- A. Heinemann, J. Kangasharju, F. Lyardet and M. Muhlhauser. "iClouds - Peer-to-Peer Information Sharing in Mobile Environments", Proceedings of EuroPar 2003, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) 2790, Springer-Verlag, Klagenfurt, Austria, 2003
- Tomas Olsson. "Bootstrapping and Decentralizing Recommender Systems", Licentiate Thesis 2003-006, Department of Information Technology, Uppsala University and SICS, 2003
- Ron Adams. Wireless Peer-to-Peer Internet, Whitepaper, Boston, USA, 2003
- Sera Jang and Eunseok Lee. An Intelligent Mobile Commerce System with Dynamic Contents Builder and Mobile Products Browser, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL 2002), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2412, pp 179-185, Manchester, UK, August 2002
- Eunseok Lee and Sera Jang. A user adaptive mobile commerce system with a middlet application, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL 2002), Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2412, pp 193-199, Manchester, UK, August 2002
- Mylini Munusamy and Hiew Pang Leang. "Characteristics of Mobile Devices and an Integrated M-Commerce Infrastructure for M-Commerce Deployment", Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Internet Computing and E-Commerce (ICECE 2002), Florida, USA
- Michael Weiss. "Exploiting Communities of Interest to Find Information on the Web", Discussion White Paper, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, Feb 2002
- Michael Weiss. "Searching for Information on the Web Using Accumulated Knowledge of Others", International Sunbelt Social Network Conference XXII, New Orlean, USA, February 2002
- Kyoung Jun Lee. "Peer-to-Peer Electronic Commerce and Intelligent Systems", Presentation, Department of Industrial Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
- Melissa Soo Ding, Chandana R Unnithan and Bardo Fraunholz. "MCommerce - A Vision in Time: A Preliminary Investigation into Past and Future of Mobile Payments" , SWP 2002/51, School of Information Systems, Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University, 2002
- Melissa Soo Ding and Chandana R Unnithan. "Mobile Commerce (mCommerce) Security: An appraisal of current issues and trends" , SWP 2002/34, School of Information Systems, Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University, 2002
- Enna Nguyen. "Mobile Auction Enhances the Online Auction Experience" , Master of Science Thesis, Department of Information Systems and Computing, Brunel University, 2002